Friday, November 15, 2013

Book Proposal

Starting to put together a formal book proposal, using advice from the web and other published authors.  It's oddly difficult to be convincing.  This is necessary, though, to face the facts:  I've never published a book.  I have no formal training in history or historical fiction writing.  I'm a lawyer, trained in a somewhat artificial style, unused to belles lettres.
On the plus side, I have a good idea, fully fleshed out to at least 500 pages.  I checked and lots of writers have written on aspects of the events of 1870. No one has written a book that puts all those events together and examines their implications for today's world.  And, last but not least, I'm a lawyer, writing every day and trained in staying on point and delivering work on time.  
As to the topic, I've been reading and studying about European history for about ten years, including several trips to Europe, the battlefield at Sedan, Rome, Paris.  I speak French pretty well, read it better and have some proficiency in Italian, German and Russian.  
So I am looking forward to making up a plausible proposal with the needed chapter drafts.

I will endeavour to persevere.

No comments:

Post a Comment